Print Page   |   Sign In   |   Register
Community Search
Therapy Assistants-Billing SD Medicaid information from DSS
Share |




Please be advised that beginning with dates of service on and after 7/1/17 physical therapy assistants (PTA), speech pathology assistants (SLPA), and occupational therapy assistants (OTA) can bill under their enrolled supervising therapist using the HM modifier. Services should be billed on a CMS 1500 claim form with the Supervising NPI in box 24J.  The Health Home, Primary Care Physician, Ordering, Referring, or Prescribing NPI should be listed in Box 17B. The HM Modifier will reduce the allowed payment by 50%.



This does NOT apply to School District claims.




If you have questions please feel free to call us at (605) 773-3495.




Thank you!




Lori Lawson, MBA

Deputy Director, Medical Services

SD Department of Social Services

700 Governors Drive 
Pierre, South Dakota 57501 

Sign In